[Typo3-dev] "Provides" for TYPO3 Extension dependance logic

Dimitri Tarassenko mitka at mitka.us
Mon Nov 1 16:50:22 CET 2004

Hi all,

Are there any plans to implement "provides" capability along with
"requires" and "conflicts" inter-extension dependency logic?

Here's what I mean: I am about 80% decided to rewrite tt_address (and
that means rewrite, not subclassing or "hooking" it up). However, I'm
quite happy with direct_mail that relies on it.

In RPM world (as in .deb and many others) this would amount to creating
a dimitris_tt_address RPM that would "provide" "tt_address"'s
capabilities effectively replacing it and satisfying the requirements
for it imposed by other RPMs.

Has anyone else run into similar problems and what were/are your
thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Dimitri