[Typo3-dev] the horror of different usertables

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Mon May 31 23:11:11 CEST 2004

Hi Mathias,

> So I think the solution could be something like "Add FE Groups to BE
> Users" Kasper, maybe I don't see any major (or minor) security issues
> here, but would it be such a big thing to check BE Users as well in FE
> Logins? This way the BE Users would not be redundant in the FE sense, but
> security through different tables be given.

It wouldn't be a huge change but be_users would need to be extended just
because there is _no_ redundancy right now.

> Another thought you maybe didn't think of yet:
> What about different websites in one pagetree?

Good point!!

be_users are unique, defined by their uid.
fe_users are defined by their uid _and_ a page uid (the system folder)

That's a huge point, yes.

Regards, michael
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html