[Typo3-dev] the horror of different usertables

Elmar Hinz elmar.hinz at web.de
Mon May 31 23:06:10 CEST 2004

>>Following the bit argument you could never trust your bank, cause
>>with the change of one bit all your money can go to someone else. :-)
>

> what about bits n bytes in nuclear missile silos? ;)

Dont't know what to be more frightend of in this case.
Of bits and bytes that control it
or generals drinking to much Bits.

> Another thought you maybe didn't think of yet:
> What about different websites in one pagetree?
>
> So BE Users would have to be located in any sysfolder as well.
> Plus BE Groups would have to be located in sysfolders as well.
> A quick thought about is more horror to me than adding 5-10 FE Users by hand
> or maybe syncing them over.
> In my mind, BE Users belong to the INSTALL as is and not to a certain part
> of the pagetree.

I am a little bit confused and don't discover the point. Both FE-Users and
BE-Users know the concept of groups. You can even define different groups for
different websites in different pagetrees if you like.

Where to display them, in sysfolders like FE-Users or listet "in the INSTALL"
like BE-Users doesn't seem very important for me. I only observe that double
programming has been done to achieve this different types of display, different
types of input forms etc.

If you have a big site, different groups of BE users may be responsible for the
content of different pagetrees, just grouped as you describe it for the frontend.

Regards

Elmar