[Typo3-dev] xhtml compliancy in getTypoLink()

Leendert Brouwer [Netcreators] leendert at netcreators.nl
Fri May 28 16:04:00 CEST 2004

Hi,

When mangling our sites through the W3C validator for compliancy with XHTML
1.0 Transitional, we noticed that there was an awful amount of errors
pointing at the use of literal '&'. Once I hacked the Typo3 core and changed
the literal '&' in getTypoLink() (in tslib_cObj), a lot of validation errors
were gone. Is there a reason for the literal '&' in there? Because I would
assume XHTML compliant output is preferred.

Btw, a workaround is to set the arg_separator.output directive in your
php.ini, this would translate literal & to & at runtime. But, better to
fix things at the root of the problem imho.

Regards,

Leendert