[Typo3-dev] Problems in export/import t3d files

Kari Salovaara kari.salovaara at pp1.inet.fi
Fri May 28 11:06:32 CEST 2004

Hi,

I hope that following is my misunderstanding not error:

Before 3.6.x era I used to maintan/upgrade/change sites by making export
t3d files and then importing them to next site. (This is due some
splitting and other dev work in our servers.)  That has worked well.
Import preview told which extensions were missing etc.

But now in 3.6.1 (linux etc. environment OK):

1) import preview tells only which tables are missing. This is a minor
problem but you have to think and check what extensions it means.

2) after exporting from 3.5.0 system a site into 3.6.1 site;
levels for infinite and ALL tables + ALL tables: update : download
export : I get the file (5Mb) : moved into the new site appropriate
folder: changed permissions : and import : everything worked smoothly,

but in result I have missed at top level page: page contents, templates,
domain records.  So the result is : Error! No template found!
and You have to to manually create everything again for that top level.

This makes extra work to move sites from one place to another and it
used to work. And I see this major problem. Export/import is used
heavily at some sites, also for backups.

One idea more: export should be possible to do from outmost Typo3
installation root also because this kind of work is normal site
administration work and thus should be easier than now.

Cheers,
Kari

--
Kari Salovaara