[Typo3-dev] mysql_connect & mysql_pconnect

Ådne Hovda aadne at hovda.no
Thu May 27 11:08:44 CEST 2004

Hi

Problem:
On one provider I occationally get bumped off the db-server because it
limits the processes per client. This is normal behavior, I understand.
I've boiled the problem down to the use of persistent connections, even
though phpinfo tells me that mysql.allow_persistent = on. If I change
mysql_pconnect to mysql_connect the problem goes and stays away...

Suggestion:
Make a simple switch in the install tool to specify whether to use
persistent connections or not. The DBAL really makes this *much* simpler
now (change one simple function).

Ådne