[Typo3-dev] One pass through TS only?

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Thu May 27 09:46:13 CEST 2004

Hi,

Georg Rehfeld wrote:
> Dear Typo3 Developers,
>
> as far as I understand Typo3 and TS: there is only one pass through
> all the TypoScript of any given site/installation?
>
> I mean: all TS, how complicated it might be, even split up into
> many files, database fields and/or extensions, is sucked in by Typo3 one
> after the other into some huge (more or less) array and then that array
> is worked on in just one predefined way, to spit out the result?
>
> If so, would it be possible to change Typo3 to have some TypoScript
> processed BEFORE all the rest and these results still be available for
> referencing or copying when the rest is processed?

put this in you first template:

myTSObject = TEXT
myTSObject.value = use me whereever you want

now use it anwhere in your TS-Code _that is parsed later on_.

> That would enable to have some arbitrary objects with stdWrap properties
> for preprocessing and reusing the results in many other places.
>
> Got the point? Or am I missing the point?

???
I am no reference though. ;)

you can either copy '<' or reference '=<' TS-Objects, you can split them
up into differnet templates, you can use custom functions(cached/non
cached), you can use conditions.

results of parsing are cached where applicable(performance).

Can you explain a little bit more in deatil what you want to do and have
problems with?

Thx,
Peter