[Typo3-dev] usernames lowercase, login case-sensitive => BAD

Christian Jul Jensen christian at jul.net
Wed May 26 13:37:51 CEST 2004

"Christian Zehaczek" <warhawk at ufo-base.de> writes:

> - TCE should leave username cases as they are typed.

I don't agree. Generally you don't want julle, Julle and JULLE to be
different users in your system. A good way to ensure this is to only
have lowercase usernames.

> - The login check should be case-insensitive (username only, of course).

I agree. I plan to go over the login scripts and fix the cleanup of
the session table next week, I will check if this behaviour can easily
be fixed.

--
./mvh Christian Jul Jensen
      Frelance webprogrammer