[Typo3-dev] configuring plugin vars for simulate static

Alexander Langer alex at big.endian.de
Wed May 26 13:58:36 CEST 2004

Also sprach Andreas Schwarzkopf (a.schwarzkopf at meinsystem.de):

> since 3.6.0 it must be declared, also if typolink functions was used:
> simulateStaticDocuments_pEnc_onlyP = tx_maillisttofaq_pi1[pointer], L, print
> Documented in TSRef 3.6.0:
> <http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=20391&package_id=14725>

Speaking of simulate-static + piVars:

How would one link to _another_ PageID but want to set piVars?

getPageLink() would work, but
  a) you have to construct the pivars array manually, and
  b) you have to set no_cache=1 if you don't want to have odd
     results in the target page due to caching (cHash parameter
     is missing), which then destroys simulateStatic again.

Why don't we have a pibase function that keeps the pivars but lets you
specifiy a different page-Id?  (many plugins use it, i.e. LATEST DISPLAY
of tt_news or any other extension that wants to show a teaser of some
items on one page, and the actualy display on antoher page)

I just fell into this trap with my calendar ext.

Thanks

Alex