[Typo3-dev] usernames lowercase, login case-sensitive => BAD

Christian Zehaczek warhawk at ufo-base.de
Wed May 26 12:27:38 CEST 2004

Hi Group!

Actually TYPO3 is lowercasing any username entered via TCE Form, both in FE
and BE users.
Too bad, that the login masks don't do so and the check is case-sensitive.

This really messes me up and additionally, it confuses my users too.

The better way:
- TCE should leave username cases as they are typed.
- The login check should be case-insensitive (username only, of course).

Well, i could write an extension for this, but i think there are more people
who don't like this behaviour... hope so.

Cheers,
Christian