[Typo3-dev] BE Login through URL?

Christoph Moeller moeller at network-publishing.de
Wed May 26 09:17:45 CEST 2004

Martin T. Kutschker schrieb:
>> Is there anyway to make a BElogin through URLs?
>> Something like this:
>> typo3installation.com/typo3/?username=abc&password=cba
> *cough* I don't think that exposing the password in a query is such a
> good idea.

Exactly. Anyhow, this only would fill in the login fields with the given
values, but not automatically log you on, since these values aren't
passed from the login page to the server. Instead, hashes are being
transmitted - at least for the pass.

Have a look at misc/superadmin.php if you really need to automate the
login process. You should _at any cost_ secure that script, better yet
only put it in place if you really need it.

Greets,
Chris