[Typo3-dev] Heavy use of stdWrap -> speedproblem

Georg Rehfeld georg.rehfeld at gmx.de
Tue May 25 04:37:22 CEST 2004

Hi Kasper, Alexander and all,

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:

>> I just wrote an frontend-plugin that calls $this->cObj->stdWrap()
>> approx. 4500 times ... This is defenitely too slow.
> This is the reason why I didn't implement stdWrap all of the place as
> some people seem to expect sometimes....

While you are on stdWrap: would it be possible (and wouldn't it be nice)
to have some _preprocessed_ object _with_ stdWrap properties, that than
would be available in the main processing for copying/referencing into
other places in TypoScript?

My example is the 'params' property of images. This is made to be a
simple 'string' property. In an extension I want to set it from the DB,
no go without subclassing tslib_cObj (with all implications) and
overriding cImage($file,$conf) to give 'params' the 'string/stdWrap'
datatype.

If we had an arbitrary object with stdWrap properties, that would
be processed _before_ all other TypoScript and still be in memory
for copying into other objects/properties, I had no need to subclass
tslib_cObj any more ... in fact, ALL properties having stdWrap could
be reduced to simple ones (except for convenience, maybe, or
compatibility).

Or, am I outing me as a Typo3 newbie once more, this feature already
exists, but I havn't found it?

Best regards,
Typo3 IS great,
have a nice week