[Typo3-dev] Calendar extension

Andreas Otto andreas at php4win.de
Sun May 23 09:39:37 CEST 2004

Hi Volker,

On Sunday 23 May 2004 09:05, Volker Biberger wrote:
> Do you have any information at hand, where the advantages and
> disadvantages of the ical format are (Besides Compatibility to other
> calendars, which is of cause an advantage)?

That was the advantage I had in mind. Isn't this enough? ;-)

If you take e. g. a waste management calendar for your local community I would
prefer if I could download the calendar and let my fat-client application
deal with it. That way I could set alarms which remind my that the bins with
paper will be collected tomorrow.

Of course, this could be done with a webbased calendar as well using some sort
of eMail notifications.

Cheers,
Andreas

--