metatags (was in - Re: [Typo3-dev] You are the Programmer)

Martin T. Kutschker Martin.no5pam.Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Sat May 22 18:25:53 CEST 2004

Martin T. Kutschker wrote:
> dan frost wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I thought you'd all like to know that we (3ev and I) have just
>> finished a first version of a fully-functional metadata extension.
>> Current version has the UK's government list imported from CSV (but
>> could easily be from XML), "mount points" in the metadata category
>> tree, keyword to category mapping, scanning of uploaded documents,
>> Bayesian learning logic to improve suggested categories each time,
>> possibility of publishing all your categorised content via SOAP, tags
>> in the header and so on and so on...
>>
>> This is still in development, but if you're interested then please
>> contact me.
>
> Sounds definitely interesting.

And sounds like its a huge m**f** :-)

I guess it's an overkill for your average site. Is it by any means
modular or extensible? I don't think that I'm interested in a "UK
governmen" list here in Austria.

If I understood Kasper coirrectly he is looking for small and lean
extensions which do most of the basic stuff for the standard Typo3
extension. While your description is interesting I doubt it's lean
enough. That's why I ask for a splitting into several extensions.

Masi