metatags - Re: [Typo3-dev] You are the Programmer

Martin T. Kutschker Martin.no5pam.Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Sat May 22 09:45:02 CEST 2004

Daniel Hinderink [TYPO3] wrote:
>>Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
>>
>>>Take that as an invitation to become involved and take influence. If you
>>>deliver quality on time you get respect and influence in return. You
>>>earn your way in by proving your worth.
>>
>>I am interested in metatags. I'v already written some kind of add-on
>>(meta-tag navigation) and have some ideas on further enhancements (for
>>both extensions).
>

> I would like to see a backend plugin for efficient creation and management
> of meta tags.
>
> 1. extraction and batch processing
> It could allow to edit metatags for a complete tree with the help of
> automatic meta tag scripts and using the dublin core as already implemented
> by Kasper with extended meta tags.

I just looked at the very inspiring http://www.lub.lu.se/cgi-bin/nmdc.pl
DC creation tool.

Seems to me DC is one hell of a standard. It's so book centric I wonder
  how many Typo3 installations would benefit from DC. Let alone such
powerful (and complex) tools like the one from the above URL.

So I wouldn't add DC support in the basic metatag extension. It's hard
work and it'd be a bloat.

BTW, I don't see the connection between DC and atch processing.

> 2. fine tuning individual page meta information
> Secondy it could display the metatags for a given selection of the site tree
> in one matrix-like form for swift and comprehensive editing.

Just like info and access? This would be interesting.

Masi