[Typo3-dev] Calendar extension

Sven Wilhelm wilhelm at icecrash.com
Sat May 22 01:23:24 CEST 2004

Hi Volker, hi *,

> It would be a good idea to integrate your ideas as early as possible to
> guarantee most efficient development.

The most difficult part should be that different cs (calendar systems)
may have different concepts in their core, eg. opengroupware was build
up around the idea of project handling (so I think) and so calendar data
there refers to other data than in other cs.

A way to handle this could be a feature matrix for the most common
features of cs.
Looking for a way to operate with missing/additional necessary features
(perhaps by asking the backend about the provided ones and (much much
later ;) for libraries that can deal with the additionals).

Most common features in cs?
- user/group handling
- project handling
- acl handling
- ???

Sometimes missing features?
- category handling (maybe substitute by project handling)
- ???

One word to developing time and data storage.
I don't think that a first basic oo integration (if possible) will be
released before early autumn. A view on data should be fast possible,
but changing data needs the ideas above if I don't want data corruption.
Also I don't plan to store data inside Typo3, all data can be directly
stored on the cs.

The best if you interested in, will be a little session eg in channel
#typo3 or #typo3-de on irc.freenode.net.
There we can discuss ideas much faster than in many mails. (It's not my
motivation to enrich or break your concept with unnecessary complexity.)

If you want to expore an opengroupware system I can setup one as a
sandbox that weekend (it's not so much work).

Some ideas for later devel-steps:
- iCal import/export

Greetings Sven