[Typo3-dev] Calendar extension

Sven Wilhelm wilhelm at icecrash.com
Thu May 20 20:50:27 CEST 2004

Hi Jan, hi list,

some of my ideas to the calendar extensions that I discussed with Jan.

Based on the very good devel-plan (PDF) I think the following ideas
could enrich the concept.

* define a api (eg. like an abstract class) so that several existing
   calendar systems can connect through it
* implement the calender (defined in the PDF) as one example of the api
* possibility to connect multiple calendars the same time

So it could be possible to connect external groupware or calendar
systems like opengroupware or exchange.

opengroupware provides an xml-rpc api for communicate with the system.
As i said to Jan, i would help with development work, especially the
part of integrating external systems like opengroupware (that i will use
in a current project next time).

your ideas?

some problems i think to see:
* how to access user-informations from external systems (possible
   ldap, eventually other systems as well)
* how to handle different levels of functions (eg. mysql vs. postgres,
   has the interface to keep that functions if the backend doesn't
   provide it?)

the above is only a little braindump of me

greetings sven