[Typo3-dev] Extension Kickstarter/Cleanup+Optimization - Suggestion: include CSH-Input

Stephane Schitter stephane.schitter at free.fr
Tue May 18 21:50:33 CEST 2004

Selon Ingmar Schlecht <ingmars at web.de>:
> Thomas Murphy schrieb:
> > Making the kickstarter an editor? I don't know if this is a good idea.
> > It will be a lot of work writing a kickstarter that's not messing with
> > code added by the user.
>

> What about using the 'diff' tool during the process of writing the code
> to disk?

I am not sure which would be easier:
- diff from the newly generated code against the extension code already modified
by the developer
- diff between the last generated code (unmodified by the user) (need to keep
track of it somewhere ?) and the newly generated code

but I see second option (if easier) as being good enough for general extension
editing needs (adding a field here and there for example) where the Extension
Kickstarter would simply spit out the few lines of code that you need to add to
your extension (yes you'd need to copy/paste manually).

Cheers,
Stephane