[Typo3-dev] Extension Kickstarter/Cleanup+Optimization

Ingmar Schlecht ingmars at web.de
Tue May 18 14:31:02 CEST 2004

Martin T. Kutschker schrieb:
> Ingmar Schlecht wrote:
>>  - Easy way to XCLASS something
>

> Please, don't.
>
> The use of XCLASS IMHO should not be encouraged.

I use XCLASSes a lot in project related extensions that never get published.

> The experienceced
> programmers who know them, are able to set them up anyway. The newbies
> shouldn't bother.

I agree that XCLASSes should not be used for serious extension development.
Prehaps just put a warning on the Kickstarter section like:
"DO NOT USE AN XCLASS IN PUBLIC EXTENSIONS, THIS IS QUICK AND DIRTY".

> More interesting would be a list of Typo3 Core hooks. Or even a way to
> use them from the Kickstarter.

Nice idea.

cheers,
Ingmar