[Typo3-dev] Extension Kickstarter/Cleanup+Optimization - Suggestion: include CSH-Input

Daniel Brün dbruen at saltation.de
Tue May 18 13:20:37 CEST 2004

Hi Thomas!
> Making the kickstarter an editor? I don't know if this is a good idea.
> It will be a lot of work writing a kickstarter that's not messing with
> code added by the user. Maybe the extension would head into a wrong
> direction, as it is supposed just to be a kick*starter* ...

That's right, but people still often want to e.g. add some db-field
afterwards. The Kickstarter will never be a complete Editor, but for
many cases it would suffice to be able to select which files are to be
generated (thus keeping the other customized files).
I am also thinking about doing some kind of DIFF, but I still have to
check out if this is a reliable way of handling user customizations.

ciao,

Dan.