[Typo3-dev] You are the Programmer

Fabian Panthen panthen at gmx.net
Mon May 17 17:57:27 CEST 2004

hi there,

i'm fairly new to typo3 development, so please dont blame me for
mentioning things that might have been largely discussed before, just
throwing in my two cent before i have enough experience to contribute
more valuable.
while i always liked the separation of core and extensions i perceived
typo3 as more than just a framework but as a product with a lot of
out-of-the-box functionality. having a bundle of system extensions would
really ease the handling for those implementing typo3 who dont know
which extensions exists and which of them are really high quality.
something i'd like to take into account as requirements or goals for
system extensions would be in fact though a tighter relation to the core
meaning:

indexing of contents in indexe_seach where appropriate.

use of core functions where possible to reduce load.

use of allready implemented features like fe_user management, logging,
error_reporting, hook concepts.

xhtml compliance.

so long

fabian