[Typo3-dev] TS Offline Coding Help

Christian Trabold trabold at mehrwert.de
Mon May 17 12:32:01 CEST 2004

Hi!

A thread in the german mailinglist pointed me to an idea, I want to
share and discuss with you:

The possibility to include external TS-Files is great [1]. I think, that
development could be done much faster with 'file-bases-TS', because

- you can work in your beloved IDE
- in most cases there is a default Syntax-Checking (bracket handling)
- organizing your code is easier (e.g. indent, window splitting)
- there could be a modern Syntax-Highlighting for TS
- and there could be built in auto-completion of TS-Objects and Methods,
   which could make developing TS even more fun.

The foundation for such a tool comes within the documentation of TYPO3
3.6. Thanks to the JavaDoc-Standard we could transform the comments into
the specific syntax of the given Editor Highlighting/Auto-Completion
File, which apparently is different in most products (I'm in research).

<dreaming>
In the Devexteval-Extension [2] you can crawl the TYPO3-Source - or more
performant - transform a given xml-file which reflects the TYPO3-API for
all relevant Objects/Methods through an wrapper. After that you can
download the file(s) for your Editor. Copy them to the config folder of
the coding tool and you're done. Let's start coding TS offline with your
new helping hand in no time!
</dreaming>

These are just my thoughts/dreams - what do you think about it?
Are there already plans for doing such a project?

Regards,

Christian

[1]<http://linuxwiki.de/Typo3TypoScript#head-bb6f3956e0c714d46509e323b5315da0cbfe8ed8>
(german)

[2] it is already working with the source-code of TYPO3...