[Typo3-dev] proper way extension development?

Wolfgang Klinger wolfgang at stufenlos.net
Mon May 17 08:33:36 CEST 2004

 *hiya!*
 On Mon, 17 May 2004, Horn Gábor wrote the following:
> is the proper way if i need to change my extension's database defintion
> (i guess simply modifying the table itself w/ phpMyAdmin is not a good
> way, and it would be nice having kickstarter's functionalities to do the
> job not edit the files manually).
 (you can do that but you'll have to add the configuration for the
 fields manually in ext_tables.php and/or tca.php if you want to
 edit them through the backend)
> I also noticed after editing pi1/class.tx_xxx_pi1.php,in ext
> manager/loaded extensions/information there's a red warning the file
> differs from the original. How can i "update" it? Should i have to use
> the "edit files" mode here? That's inconvienent for me, and also seems i
> cannot save from there by default.

 Extension Manager -> e.g. "Loaded Extensions" -> click on your extension

 Now select "Backup/Delete" in the dropdown (upper right corner).

 There you can "Update your EM configuration" and start a new extension
 based on the selected extension! (-> or overwrite the existing)

 bye
 Wolfgang