[Typo3-dev] wiki?

Ingmar Schlecht ingmars at web.de
Sun May 16 11:43:28 CEST 2004

Hi developers,

Sebastian Kurfuerst schrieb:
> well please test http://t3wiki.garbage-group.de , it does use MediaWiki
> at the moment.

Grrreat! Thanks very much, Sebastian, for setting it up!

> I can see 2 drawbacks of the current system:
> - Templating is very difficult

CSS style sheets + Typo3 logo are absolutely sufficient, I think.

> - there are no extended access rights for some pages.

A Wiki is a Wiki and doesn't need any access rights restrictions, that's
the very cool thing about them.

> OK, the question is if we need such a real big wiki like tikiwiki or
> maybe MediaWiki is sufficent.

IMHO MediaWiki is sufficient and it's also proven to be stable on
wikipedia.org.

> When you set up TikiWiki for typo3, will it be permanent? The problem
> with my server where I am hosting MediaWiki is that it goes sometimes
> down and can't handle too much load. So it would be better if someone
> different could host the typo3 wiki finally.

Maybe Robert L. might be able to do it, he's hosting bugs.typo3.org
already. I will write a mail to him + CC to Sebastian.

cheers,
Ingmar