[Typo3-dev] Path troubles in backend

Pieter pieter_v at pandora.be
Fri May 14 20:25:53 CEST 2004

Hi all,

Our web provider updated Apache (to Apache/1.3.31) and Typo3 (3.6.0) is
having problems ever since.  The Apache config file is the same as before.

The backend reports after login:  "Not Found: The requested URL
/alt_main.php was not found on this server."

The FAQ item
http://typo3.org/documentation/mailing-lists/user-list-archive/thread/106/?tx_maillisttofaq_pi1%5Bmode%5D=4&tx_maillisttofaq_pi1%5Bpointer%5D=2
solved the problem partially.
It is now possible to log in into the backend, but:
- the tree view part of the back-end stays empty (it becomes visible
after clicking 2x PAGE, 1x TASK CENTER and PAGE again)
- the right part of the backend screen stays empty after editing a
content item in LIST view (the list of content items is normally visible
after editing an item)

An update to 3.6.1 had the same result as the changes in the FAQ.
Ingmar posted something about path issues
(http://typo3.org/documentation/mailing-lists/dev-list-archive/thread/46303/?tx_maillisttofaq_pi1%5Bpointer%5D=1&tx_maillisttofaq_pi1%5Bmode%5D=1)
and these path issues are probably the source of my troubles.

I reported the server environment variables to bugs.typo3.org with the
script and I got report ID 79.  I hope it triggers off something for
someone.

Pieter

result of phpinfo():
### DEBUG SYSTEM INFORMATION - START ###
HTTP_HOST           : www.tegenwind.be
TYPO3_HOST_ONLY     : www.tegenwind.be
TYPO3_PORT          :
PATH_INFO           :
QUERY_STRING        : TYPO3_INSTALL[type]=phpinfo
REQUEST_URI         : /typo3/install/index.php?TYPO3_INSTALL[type]=phpinfo
HTTP_REFERER        :
http://www.tegenwind.be/typo3/install/index.php?TYPO3_INSTALL[type]=about
TYPO3_REQUEST_HOST  : http://www.tegenwind.be
TYPO3_REQUEST_URL   :
http://www.tegenwind.be/typo3/install/index.php?TYPO3_INSTALL[type]=phpinfo
TYPO3_REQUEST_SCRIPT: http://www.tegenwind.be/typo3/install/index.php
TYPO3_REQUEST_DIR   : http://www.tegenwind.be/typo3/install/
TYPO3_SITE_URL      : http://www.tegenwind.be/
TYPO3_SITE_SCRIPT   : typo3/install/index.php?TYPO3_INSTALL[type]=phpinfo
TYPO3_SSL           :
SCRIPT_NAME         : /typo3/install/index.php
TYPO3_DOCUMENT_ROOT : /lns/jefkey/web/tegenwind.be/www
SCRIPT_FILENAME     :
/lns/jefkey/web/tegenwind.be/www/typo3/install/index.php
HTTP_USER_AGENT     : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US;
rv:1.6) Gecko/20040206 Firefox/0.8
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE: en-us,en;q=0.5
CONST: PHP_OS       : Linux
CONST: TYPO3_OS     :
CONST: PATH_thisScri:
/lns/jefkey/web/tegenwind.be/www/typo3/install/index.php
CONST: php_sapi_name: cgi
OTHER: TYPO3_VERSION: 3.6.0
OTHER: PHP_VERSION  : 4.3.6
imagecreatefromgif(): 1
imagecreatefrompng(): 1
imagecreatefromjpeg(: 1
imagegif()          :
imagepng()          : 1
imagejpeg()         : 1
imagettftext()      : 1
OTHER: IMAGE_TYPES  : 14
OTHER: memory_limit : 16M
SERVER: SERVER_PORT : 80
SERVER: SERVER_SOFTW: Apache/1.3.31 (Unix) mod_jk/1.2.5 mod_perl/1.29
SERVER: GATEWAY_INTE: CGI/1.1
SERVER: SCRIPT_NAME : /typo3/install/index.php
SERVER: PATH_TRANSLA:
/lns/jefkey/web/tegenwind.be/www/typo3/install/index.php
T3CV_GFX: image_proc: 1
T3CV_GFX: gdlib     : 1
T3CV_GFX: gdlib_png : 1
T3CV_GFX: gdlib_2   : 0