[Typo3-dev] How can non-admin beuser can edit/delete entriesin table tx_myextension

Simon Child simondt at gpuk.net
Fri May 14 00:39:07 CEST 2004

"Kasper Skårhøj" <kasper at typo3.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.2327.1084404022.256.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...

> Are you sure this question belongs on the dev-list?

Sorry, I thought it did, the dev list description says:

"for discussions on core stuff, and extension development"

However perhaps you had in mind more discussion of larger ideas rather than
debugging my feeble extension :((

[Please ignore the following if inappropriate and I'll move it to the
English list]

> (Did you give write-access to the table-name for the group that
> non-admin user is member of?)

I did - I selected that table in Tables (listing) and Tables (modify), and
selected all the excludefields relating to that table, i.e. all the fields
of the table.

And I can add new entries to the table e.g. List / New / click on the name
of the table.

What I cannot do is display the existing entries in the table so that I can
edit/delete them. When logged in as admin then List / click on root of tree
(globe, id = 0) shows me all the tables, but when logged in as a non-admin
beuser I do not have access to the globe id=0, but only to the page tree.

I'm missing a trick somewhere as to how to enable access to the tables of my
extensions for non-admin beuser to edit them, even though the group of that
user does have write permissions for the table (and can write a new entry).

--
Simon Child