[Typo3-dev] extension reviewing

Kasper Skårhøj kasper at typo3.com
Thu May 13 23:55:11 CEST 2004

I fully agree and understand everything said in this thread.

We have a Team for documentation and under that team a project is set up
to create "Extension Programming documentation".

http://typo3.org/projects/teams-and-projects/#proj_17

I personally have to focus on other parts of TYPO3 and therefore this is
not my call. I can only cry with you.

My greatest hope for documentation (done by others than me) currently
is:
- Documentation roadmap - so people can better understand the whole
structure of everything and where to start and find information etc.
- Revised TSref and frontend documents.
- Extension Programming Tutorials

The latter could be a project going hand in hand with maintenance of the
Extension Kickstarter Wizard! So I could wish that a team would form who
would dedicate themselves to provide what this thread (in particular
Wolfgang) touched: a) better default code, b) dummy extensions with
examples, c) documents.

However, it turns out that documentation is the LEAST fun thing for
everyone to make! It is really the team that has produced the least in
the past. I'm not saying people are lazy (I know they have been busy
etc) but it is also the case that it doesn't provide themselves any
direct use: WRiting documentation is really for someone else than
yourself.

Maybe we are just waiting for a book on the topic which costs money...
:-)

- kasper