[Typo3-dev] OT: VCD Calendar Extension

Ingmar Schlecht ingmars at web.de
Thu May 13 18:38:35 CEST 2004

Hi Volker,

Volker Biberger wrote:
> I´d be glad if I could take over calendar development for the T3
> community, since Typo3 is great and the community gave me a lot of help
> during my first steps with typo3.

Kewl!

> Tell me what you like and what could
> be done in a more efficient way using typo3-functions I missed out so
> far. Especially BE-Administration of recurring events gives me a bit of
> a headache, so I just plan to write my own BE-Module here.

Is it that the functionality of the default form elements of the
TCEForms are not enough for you?
You could use form elements of the type "user" then. I don't know if
they're already documented, but you could just look at the source code
of the class t3lib/class.t3lib_tceforms.php and search for the function
getSingleField_typeUser().
That way you could program your own custom form elements while still
using most of the TCE Form engine.

--

And for your backend module with the calender view, you could follow the
way the "Tools->User Admin" module works, i.e. making an own BE Module

cheers,
Ingmar