[Typo3-dev] You are the Programmer

Martin T. Kutschker Martin.no5pam.Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Thu May 13 17:43:19 CEST 2004

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
> Hi Developers of TYPO3 / extensions!
>
> -- From the Kingdom of Denmark, a new vision is formed --

A good document and plan! After a first look I agree with everything :-)

Some minor notes on the exension selection:

<nitpick>phpMyAdmin should not dupmed because of its size, but beacuse
it us Mysql-specific - think DABL.</nitpick>

awstat has a dependency on Perl. Is this a problem?

I dislike newloginbox because it has a nice but not very stylable login
form, but a IMHO poor FE user list. I'd rather see these functions
separated into two extensions.

de_phpot has a dependency on phpOpenTracker. And why do we need more
cookies? Typo3 has it's own sessions. Its a pity they are not used better.

OTOH, I see it's good that the global extensions are removed. Weeding
out t3libs seems to be a good idea as well. Completing this task seems
to me a worthy goal for 4.0.

Masi