[Typo3-dev] "Errors" in packages

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Thu May 13 17:06:07 CEST 2004

Hi Mathias,

>> I have located typo3_src in the same dir as the site is because this
>> way you will be able to individually change the target of typo3_src
>> to different versions for each single site.
>
> umm, I can do this too with the way Kasper indicated.

You can but you would have to change every symlink manually to point to e.g.
3.6.1 instead of 3.5.0. That means that you would have to do this step for
t3lib, tslib, and so on.

Of course it's not a big job to do that, my way is a) easier and b)
decreases the error rate (e.g. if a user mixes up different source
installations when he didn't change all symlinks correctly).

>> I guess it's a bug in the Zend application.
>
> ...which does not show up with the way Kasper said to do ;-)

Yeah, but this doesn't change that fact that it is a bug!

Just think about, what if the next version of Zend works fine with typo3_src
located in the current dir and breaking when it's in the parent
instead?! ;-)

>> Nope. Have a look - I have removed typo3_src in the Zip distribution.
>> It's an unneccessary redundancy and would double the size of these
>> installations. However, it works fine without typo3_src.
>
> I know you removed it, but still you have to remove it manually, right?

I have made a script which automates this process. Yes it's done manually,
but is this a problem?

> I still don't see the benefit in changing the way the manual says, but if
> you say it makes more sense I'd say we should also update the manual so
> there won't be more questions like mine in the future.

That's the point! I will look at it.

Thanks, michael
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html