[Typo3-dev] "Errors" in packages

Mathias Schreiber [K1net] ms at k1net.de
Thu May 13 09:27:01 CEST 2004

Hi guys,

in the last few days I set up a lot of 3.6.0 and 3.6.1 sites from the tar
files.
As soon as I mounted the "www" dir (I always rename the directory the
dummy.tar.gz generates to "www") and added this to a Zend Project, my Zend
Studio froze up after some minutes.
I took a closer look and found some errors (if they are errors will show in
this thread):

The Dummy Site has an subdir called typo3_src.
The symlinks point to this dir.
According to the Install 'n Upgrade document the symlinks should point to
the parent directory.
If I delete all my symlinks that come from the dummy site and set up new
symlinks like in the manual my Zend works fine. So I guess there is some
directory recursion or something going on.

Question:
Did I miss something and there is a good reason NOT to use the way described
in the manual?
If no, will someone rebuild the packages?

This would also affect the windows packages because they would have the
typo3_src dir as well.
By now I wrote myself a little PHP script that unpacks the files of the
version you choose and deletes and sets the symlinks "correct".
It would be adding one line to make a ZIP file from that.

Suggestions?

Mathias