[Typo3-dev] TemplaVoila and Multilanguage ???

Markus Thurner thoean at yahoo.de
Wed May 12 17:57:00 CEST 2004

>> 3.1) (this I have not mentioned up to now:) Page->Translate Page!
>> (Otherwise the content would not be visible).
>>

> This step I can't figure out. Should I use the 'Page' Module to do the
> translation instead of the 'TV Page' Module?

Yes, Page Module, then click "Make new translation of this page", and
edit the pageheader for the new page. This is required to:
- enable more than one language for the current page
- edit the page header, which is used for the navigation items

--> this has nothing to do with TV and still works the same way as with
non-TV pages.
--> in module "TV Page" you can insert content for other languages, but
it won't be displayed on the page.
--> It is irrelevant for TV Page, if (under module "Page") the content
is inserted on the default language or another, as TV assembles the
content elements individually.

> My problem is, that the language links on the page as described by
> kasper for the testsite
> won't work.

my typoscript is this:

# - - - language specific (default)
config.linkVars = L
config.sys_language_uid = 0
config.language = de
config.locale_all = de_DE

[globalVar=GP:L=0]
config.sys_language_uid = 0
config.language = de
config.locale_all = de_DE
plugin.meta.global.description = desc...
plugin.meta.global.keywords = german, keywords, coming here...
plugin.tx_indexedsearch._DEFAULT_PI_VARS.lang = 0
[global]

# - - - language specific (english)
[globalVar=GP:L=1]
config.sys_language_uid = 1
config.language = en
config.locale_all = en_EN
plugin.meta.global.description = english description
plugin.meta.global.keywords = english, keywords
plugin.tx_indexedsearch._DEFAULT_PI_VARS.lang = 1
[global]

> Having TV and Multi Language in a single tree would be great.

I am using the one tree concept, too.

Markus