[Typo3-dev] bugfixes - how to update 3.6.0 ???

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Mon May 10 23:19:16 CEST 2004

Sorry but I have one more mail about that topic. Overlooked it this morning.

> > Is there any problem with just having the cvs-version being MAIN/HEAD
> > untill we know what number actually makes sense (probably at beta
> > release) as masi suggested? Not that it's a big issue for me, just
> > makes more sense I think.

> yes, everything must have a versioni going up.

Is this your opionion or is it a technical requirement?

If it's possible, I think it would be better to go with the Christians
suggestion. Or can you make sure that the 3.7.0-dev branch will never
differ from HEAD unless 3.7.0 has been released? It would be bad if one
would add his patch to HEAD while someone else committed to the 3.7.0-dev
branch.

By the way, I didn't realize this before but if 3.7.0-dev is the _branch_
then it should not contain the '.0' in its name. Branches should probably
not contain a patchlevel number inside because this branch will also count
for 3.7.1 etc. right?

> "-dev" indicates that you should not take the actual version too serious
> maybe... :-)

Maybe HEAD sounds a bit more like that 'cutting edge' and will distract
users from trying this out.

Regards - michael
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html