[Typo3-dev] New Memory Requirement for Extensions

Steffen Mueller steffen at davis.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Mon May 10 00:07:11 CEST 2004

On 09.05.2004 19:34 Jörg Schaller wrote:
> On Sun, 9 May 2004 10:13:14 -0500, <typo3-lists at wealththink.com>
> wrote:
>

>>Folks,
>>
>>Just upgraded and noticed that we now need 25M for the extension manager.  My host will not allocate 25M system wide, but will allocate using  http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.ini-set.php .  Where would be the best place to put this command?
>>

> Are you referring to .htaccess values?

Hi.

Just a note on PHP settings with ini_set or in .htaccess:
If any PHP settings have already been set in httpd.conf as ADMIN value,
settings entered in .htaccess won't have an effect.

For example:
<VirtualHost 192.168.1.1>
   (...)
   php_admin_value memory_limit 16M
</VirtualHost>

will disable changing memory limit in .htaccess:
php_value memory_limit 128M
will NOT have any effect.

--
cheers,