[Typo3-dev] Configuring tables/fields for listing in Web > Page

Kasper Skårhøj kasper at typo3.com
Thu May 6 14:22:21 CEST 2004

Yes, that is the way.

We cannot provide an API for this in extMgm because the key ...[cms]...
and format of what is in there is defined by the extension "cms". There
is no laws officially for that content, hence we can make no meaningful
API in extMgm.

You did it the right way, but if you did not specify the two tables in
an array as you did you wouldn't remove other extensions definitions and
there would be no problem as you descibe.

- kasper

On Sun, 2004-05-02 at 18:45, Andrew Henson wrote:
> Poking around the changelog I noticed that Kasper has added an API for
> adding extra tables to be listed in the Web > Page module. I have looked
> at the source and found the changes in class.tx_cms_layout and
> db_layout. I have got it working with one of my extensions as follows
> but I would like someone with a bit more Typo3 knowledge to tell me if I
> am doing this in the right way.
>
> Firstly, I couldn't find any functions to add the tables and field lists
> in, can anyone tell me if I have missed it? If there isn't is this
> something that could/should be added into the t3lib_extMgm class?
>
> Secondly, what I did to get it working was to add the following into my
> extensions ext_tables.php file.  Is this the way I should be adding data
> to this array? I suspect not as it presumeably won't take into account
> other peoples extensions which may do the same thing for their
> extension. If not, can anyone tell me a better method?
>
> ##not sure if this is the correct way to use the addTables api but it
> seems to generally work
> $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['EXTCONF']['cms']['db_layout']['addTables']
> = Array (
> 	'my_extension_table_name' => Array (
> 		'0' => Array (
> 			'fList' => 'fieldname1,fieldname2,fieldname3',
> 			'icon'=>'0',
> 			),
> 		),
> 	'my_extension_table_name2' => Array (