[Typo3-dev] Huge problems to translate extensions

Kari Salovaara kari.salovaara at pp1.inet.fi
Tue May 4 18:37:57 CEST 2004

Hi collegeaus,

It has taken for me now 2-3 hours to do translations which normally take
5 minutes.

1) Some times I cannot even get extension details to show on pages.
Typo3.org relocates me back to frontpage. Several times (3-25) when I
try once again whentrying to get to translation page.
2) Same thing happens now-and-then when I want to save or go back from
translation page.
3) And quite a few times I got message "Segment "extensions" was not a
keyword for a postVarSet as expected!" when returning back with Go Back
link.

Other notes:
a) There is still one extensions with default language = German !!!
b) There is quite a lot extensions without manuals/guides.Sometimes it's
very hard to translate if you don't know what the extensions is actually
doing. And it's impossible for me to install all extensions and test
them. Also there is manuals which have only headers without any text,
they are not manuals, they are jokes.
c) When the guiding text (by Kasper) advices us, translators, to do our
best for the extension owner, it is still very difficult to act
likerecommended as the owner of extension has not been thinking how they
write the original text. In many cases it's too short and doesn't
describe the field or helptext needed. Or sometimes they are far too long.

Regards,
Kari

Motto: "Games are the cyberterrorism of the Net".

--
Kari Salovaara
Project Manager