[Typo3-dev] RC2 Bug: Version condition

Kasper Skårhøj kasper at typo3.com
Sun May 2 00:17:46 CEST 2004

OK,

There probably is a problem, but this is a good example of what happens
when I correct a bug in the system from some user contributed code
change following the words "...this works for me" - and maybe it does,
but it breaks it for everyone else.

So, if any of you think why Kasper didn't fix a lot of things now that
they even gave examples - that is why. Because quite often such changes
just introduces a new bug and EVERY TIME such changes has to be made
with far more care and testing following that people could imagine.

Anyways, you have had a month or more to find this error so its your own
fault that it is in the final release now.

We will have to fix it for 3.6.1

I didn't mean to speak specifically to you guys in this thread - just a
general notice which also explains why the PATH_TRANSLATED issues
reported lately had to wait - it would be too risky (and that would be a
mission critical thing more than the browser bug described here).

- kasper

On Sat, 2004-05-01 at 17:49, Pieter wrote:
> Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
>
> >>the following TS (in Contants) sets template_dir to uploads/layout_ns4/ for
> >>IE5 and IE6. This didn't happen with RC1.
> >>
> >>template_dir = uploads/layout/
> >>[version= <5]
> >>template_dir = uploads/layout_ns4/
> >>
> >>Any further info needed?
> >>

> >Yes, please send the HTTP_USER_AGENT content for both browsers (see
> >php_info() output)
> >
> >Otherwise I cannot track the bug (since not everyone uses MSIE...)
> >
> >- kasper
> >

> I have the same problem here with this code:
> page.stylesheet=fileadmin/template/main/res/main.css
> [browser = msie]
> page.stylesheet=fileadmin/template/main/res/mainie.css
> [global]
> [browser = netscape]
> page.stylesheet=fileadmin/template/main/res/mainmozilla.css
> [global]
> [browser = opera]
> page.stylesheet=fileadmin/template/main/res/mainie.css
> [global]
>
> The IE users see a scrambled website now because Typo3 sends out CSS
> made for Mozilla that IE can't handle...  Somehow the mainmozilla.css is
> used for IE.
>
> With Mozilla 1.6: HTTP_USER_AGENT => Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT
> 5.1; en-US; rv:1.6)
> With IE6: HTTP_USER_AGENT => Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows
> NT 5.1)
>
> Changing [browser = msie]  to [browser = MSIE] doesn't help.
>
> Pieter

Best regards

- kasper