[Typo3-dev] TemplaVoila, XML and WebDav External Editing; Quest for discussion

Kasper Skårhøj kasper at typo3.com
Wed Mar 31 14:50:38 CEST 2004

Seems like you can get many friends.

If you need a quick fix, you can write an XCLASS for "t3lib_DB" and
intercept when TYPO3 selects (sql_fetch_assoc()) and updates
(UPDATEquery()) records from eg. "sys_template" - here it would be easy
to read/write content for a certain uid from/to an external file!

It's now possible, but it would be a hack...

- kasper

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 14:42, Wolfgang Klinger wrote:
>  *hiya!*
> On 13:26 Wed 31 Mar     , ben van 't ende [netcreators] wrote:
> > Yeah, cool, just do it!!! ;-) I always copy and paste (and vice versa)
> > to a text-editor to get some proper formatting (indenting with tabs). Is
> > there some example around of how this actually functions?
>
>  *hehe*
>

>  umm, if you work with Linux, cadaver (http://www.webdav.org/cadaver/)
>  and vim (http://www.vim.org/) build a perfect team for editing remote
>  files via webdav ;-)
>
>  You might as well take a look at Zope (www.zope.org)
>  (though it's Python and not PHP)
>  (there are ready-made packages for gentoo, debian, ...)
>  to get an example of how it should and can work...
>

>  bye
>  Wolfgang

Best regards

- kasper