[Typo3-dev] TemplaVoila, XML and WebDav External Editing; Quest for discussion

Wolfgang Klinger wolfgang at stufenlos.net
Wed Mar 31 13:02:20 CEST 2004

 *hiya!*
On 11:00 Wed 31 Mar     , Dieter Menne wrote:
> XMLSpy, which I use for other stuff, supports a WebDAV interface for editing
> data on a server. I would be willing to invest some time to get it to work with
> Typo3, but I don't want to re-invent the wheel. Are there alternatives?
> Discussion welcome.

 I once tried to start a discussion about webdav for Typo3, 'cause
 support for it would be a very useful feature (btw it's standard in
 most of the medium and big cm/cmf systems)...
 but no one responded or showed any interest...

 I don't like editing through textarea fields too and would primarily
 implement it only for templates and stuff in the first place, though
 the advantages for customers are not to be sneezed at, but should be
 considered later on if some kind of sponsoring is prospective for
 further development... ;-))

 There's a pear package for a php http webdav server
 http://pear.php.net/package-info.php?pacid=179
 You may want to take a look at it...

 bye
 Wolfgang