[Typo3-dev] help needed: charset tables (Asian languages)

Martin T. Kutschker Martin.T.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Wed Mar 31 01:11:54 CEST 2004

Hi!

To add support for Japanese and other Asian languages we need Unicode
mappings of the Asian encodings.

I understand the mechanisms of the encodings and will bring support of
them into Typo3. But I couldn't find any mapping tables. The ones I
found were either split into multiple files (Shift-JIS,
www.microsoft.com/globaldev/) or marked as obsolete (www.unicode.org).
So any files and/or pointers are welcome.

Furthermore I'd like to get in contact with persons that actually speak
those languages. Perhaps those of the translation teams can mail me.
Otherwise it's a bit like walking in a darkened room.

Thanx,
Masi