[Typo3-dev] function imagecopyresized

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Tue Mar 30 12:19:20 CEST 2004

Hi Thomas,

> This makes the Image bad:
> $this->makeEffect($im, Array('value'=>'colors=256')); // Reduce
> colors to 256 - make SURE that IM is working then!

The whole function provides a replacement for the imagecopyresized function
in PHP. I don't know why but Kasper expects this not to be working with GD2,
therefore he created this alternative function.

However I have found out that this would make absolutely no problems and
work fine even with GD2!

You can fix the problem by commenting out all the stuff from 'if(...) {' up
to the else statement and just leave this single line there:

imagecopyresized($im, $cpImg, $Xstart, $Ystart, $cpImgCutX, $cpImgCutY, $w, $h, $w, $h);

Hope this helps. I hope Kasper will read my mail and add a switch to the
config where one can choose if he wants to use the replacement or not.

Cheers - michael