[Typo3-dev] use of mm-relation-tables

Thomas Oppelt oppelt at rvs.uni-hannover.de
Mon Mar 29 17:26:45 CEST 2004

Hello,

can someone give me a quick hint to solve this:
I am using a specific db-relation field in various extensions which
always relates to (of course various rows of) the same custom table.
Now I want to use just ONE mm-table to manage these relations (don't
want to use commalist of values!) and thaught of using the default
created "tablenames" column in the mm-table to associate the current
tablename with the "uid_local" (cause i need to differentiate the
uid_locals which depend on records of different tables).
Is there a way e.g. by setting a config-value in tca.php of my
extensions to ensure that the concerned records insert their tablename
into the mm-table? Or is this the wrong approach to manage this? If so
how can i solve that in a better way?

Thanks
Tom

--
Thomas Oppelt
Dipl.-Ing.

Regionales Rechenzentrum für Niedersachsen
Universität Hannover
Schloßwender Straße 5
D-30159 Hannover

Tel.:   +49 (0) 511 762 - 4594