[Typo3-dev] suggestion for t3lib_div::xml2array()

Kasper Skårhøj kasper at typo3.com
Sun Mar 28 14:00:29 CEST 2004

I think you don't read the source code.

The bottom line is:

For numerical indexes converted by array2xml() the tag is "numIndex" by
default and configurable if you want something else.
xml2array() converts it back and doesn't care if the tag is "numIndex",
"n0" or "letsCloseThisThread"

The only think that will make me raise an eyebrow now is if you can
prove that the code doesn't work according to this description.

EOS.

- kasper

On Sun, 2004-03-28 at 12:43, Martin T. Kutschker wrote:
> Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
> > "numIndex" is the *default* tag - you can customize this. See source
> > code.
>
> Hellloooo! I'm talking about xml2array()! You just CANNOT write xml with
> a numIndex element and expect to be converted in a PHP array. It simply
> doesn't with the current published code. Your talking again and again
> about the reverse function array2xml().
>
> Sorry about the tone, but I really think you don't read my postings. Or
> perhaps I'm just misunderstanding you.
>
> ANd anway, as an extension author of a plugin I can only write xml and
> hope that it gets parsed correctly. So customizing elements is
> irrelevant here.
>
> Masi

Best regards

- kasper