[Typo3-dev] suggestion for t3lib_div::xml2array()

Kasper Skårhøj kasper at typo3.com
Sat Mar 27 19:50:25 CET 2004

On Sat, 2004-03-27 at 17:17, Martin T. Kutschker wrote:
> Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
> > RC2 does something different than RC1; by default numeric arrays are
> > done by the tag "numIndex" and not "n1", "n2" etc. THis should be good
> > enough.
>
> Sure, that's the same to me. Must have mixed up the files, because I'm
> sure I saw no numIndex-stuff in RC2. Is n0 gone for good? I'm asking
> because I've recently uploaded an updated version of gsi_whoisonline
> which uses flexforms.

The default of array2xml() is to create "numIndex" - you can swithc back
to the otehr way. In any case xml2array() will parse it back correctly;
it simply looks for the attribute "index" and if found uses that value
as key, otherwise the tag name.

The "nx" tags were a problem since they would make it impossible to
create DTDs for the documents.

In any case the vision for those two functions is to provide
"serialize() in XML" and I don't intend to put much more functionality
into it since that would go beyond the scope of the vision; if people
need a more advanced XML structure they must create it themselves.

When that is said I DO think about offering an API for de/encoding
flexform content in other XML formats of course. But since it is not
high priority I will not work on in now, I'm just thinking about it and
positive to the idea....