[Typo3-dev] Content Element Table cellspacing=0 problems

Gordon Mickel g.mickel at mkb.net
Sat Mar 27 18:48:40 CET 2004

Hi

I was just playing around with the new CSC Content Element in 3.6RC2 and
found a little 'niggle':

I would like to reproduce a nice striped table as seen here:
http://www.alistapart.com/d/stripedtables/example.html (without the
selected rows. Thanks to the styles that are now applied to the rows
(odd and even) and cells with the newest version of CSC it is possible
to create nicely styled tables. Unfortunately i need to apply
cellspacing="0" to my table to get the desired results (cellspacing="0"
is afaik only reproduceable with CSS with the property "border-spacing",
which IE doesn't support and border-collapse: collapse has a slightly
different result).

I can't apply cellspacing="0" to the table because you can't enter 0 as
a value in the cellspacing field of the Table Content Element.

Might I suggest that we allow 0 as a value here or perhaps I'm
overlooking another alternative?

Cheers
Gordon