[Typo3-dev] t3lib_formmail open for relaying

Andreas Brunschweiler andreas-t3 at brx.ch
Thu Mar 25 21:44:34 CET 2004

With surprise I discovered that the recipient email of the standard Typo3
Mail Forms is submitted as a hidden field. Upon receiving the mail form's
content, no check of the receivers mailadress is performed. Therefore, it
is possible to send mails to any receiver.

> POST /impressum/index.html HTTP/1.1
> [...]
>
> -----------------------------114782935826962
>
> 1
>
> Rückmeldung
>
> andreas-t3 at brx.ch
> [...]

Shouldn't formmail be disabled by default, that the users are at least
aware of the risks?

Andreas