[Typo3-dev] extensions with binaries

Juergen Egeling egeling at punkt.de
Thu Mar 25 19:12:23 CET 2004

* Jens Ellerbrock <je at hades.org> [040325 14:35]:
> statically compiled version for linux, one for windows (and maybe someone else could
> provide one for FreeBSD).

I do not think it is necessary for FreeBSD, as we do have "ports" there.
All you usually do is a "make install" in the appropiate directory,
and than you are done.

> Con:
> - quite large extensions have to be managed (webspace / traffic)
> - potential security risk (IMHO not much worse than the one we allready have)

How to organize this in the Extensions manager? Either you have 3
(or for if solaris, or 5 if netbsd, ...) Extensions for the same
thing, or you have to say: Windows only extension, etc. pp.

IMHO I would stay with the TYPO3 standards, and put them in the
extension repository, and provide a link and an install script
for the appropiate systems on a different machine.

> Please share your thoughts

The extension is great, no probs under FreeBSD ;-))

regards
Juergen
--
punkt.de GmbH               Internet-Dienstleistungen-Beratung
Vorholzstr. 25              Tel.: 0721 9109-0  Fax: -100