[Typo3-dev] Project idea: TypoScript tools

dan frost dan at danfrost.co.uk
Tue Mar 23 17:54:57 CET 2004

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:

>>i. TypoScript break-point debugging - the ability to execute parts of
>>the typoscript tree to see what the result will be
>>

> Can be done already ( for years): Enter the Template Analyser, enable
> linenumbers, click a linenumber and voila, you are redirected to the
> object tree where parsing will stop at the linenumber you clicked. You
> see the result.

Not quite what I meant. I mean you execute part of the tree rather than
until a given line. E.g.

example = DATATYPE
example.1 = SOMETHING
example.1.property = someValue

A break point of "example.1" would execute:
"
example.1 = SOMETHING
example.1.property = someValue
"
And show you:

example = DATATYPE
example.1 = $resultOfBreakPointExecution

Is this what it does? I think i've mis-used the breakpoint term...

>>ii. TypoScript tree -> to -> line of typoscript jumping - click on part
>>of the typoscript in the object browser and get taken to the line which
>>set it
>

> Might be easy to do. In fact something along those lines are done for
> the comments used in TypoScript Constant Editor: Here entries in the
> tree with ".." suffixed (or something like that) holds the *comment*
> just before a property - same manner you could register the linenumber
> of the property quite easily.

I'll study this...

dan