[Typo3-dev] RC2-dev version

Kasper Skårhøj kasper at typo3.com
Tue Mar 23 10:34:56 CET 2004

masi,

Like Johannes adviced you, go to the install tool and update the db
(funnily enough Johannes sent a support mail about that same problem
just after answering you correctly - an answer that would have solved
his own problem.

Basically; NEVER EVER update typo3 (not even CVS!) without going
immediately to the install tool and check if any database changes needs
to be done!

This is ALL in the "installing_upgrading" documentation!

And for another thing:
No, you do NOT have to install
"http://130.228.0.33/t3dl/src/global_extensions-3.6.0RC2_220304.tgz" if
you installed the full tar. That is not clear from anything, I'm sorry.
The idea is that "typo3_src...." is FULL TYPO3 sources while
"global_..." is ONLY the global extensions which will need to be
installation for people updating/checking out from CVS.

On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 09:56, Martin T. Kutschker wrote:
> Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
> > Remember to update the global extensions!
> >
> > 130.228.0.33/t3dl/src/
>
> If I use http://130.228.0.33/t3dl/src/typo3_src-3.6.0RC2_220304.tgz do I
> have to install the files from
> http://130.228.0.33/t3dl/src/global_extensions-3.6.0RC2_220304.tgz?
>
> Masi, who is a bit dumb these days and cannot log into the BE any more
> after upgrading to rc2.

Best regards

- kasper