[Typo3-dev] Extension template file failure

Christopher tombedlam at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 20 20:20:11 CET 2004

Greetings,

I'm building a small extension in 3.6RC1 based on Kasper's CD
collection (in the video documentation). Everything is marvellous,
until the last step, where I try to use an external template to render
the extension's output. The problem happens with this section:

$lConf = $this->conf["listView."];

$this->templateFileContent =
$this->cObj->cObjGetSingle($lconf['altTemplateFile'],$lconf['altTemplateFile.']);

Debug shows that "$this->templateFileContent" (which should contain the
contents of the template file) is empty.

In the TS setup, there are these lines:

plugin.tx_newplugin_pi1 {
  listView.altTemplateFile = FILE
  listView.altTemplateFile.file = uploads/tf/tx_newplugin-template.html
}

The path of the FILE object is correct, as is the TS syntax, which
makes me think that something is wrong with this part of the variable
assignment:

$this->cObj->cObjGetSingle($lconf['altTemplateFile'],$lconf['altTemplateFile.']);

...but as far as I can tell, it is absolutely identical with the
statement in the video.

Obviously I've missed something somewhere; can anyone suggest where I
should look? (At this time, the plugin is not much modified from the CD
collection plugin in the video - just a few additions in typoscript)

Thanks for any suggestions,

-Christopher